Mental health: Richmond

Visit our COVID-19 resource hub for information about emotional wellbeing and mental health support for children and young people during the pandemic.

The first place to get help is your GP or the Richmond Wellbeing Service. They are best placed to offer you initial advice on how to deal with your symptoms and talk to you about available treatments and support services in your area.

There is a full directory of mental health services and support available in Richmond on the Mind website. Whether you are suffering from mental health difficulties yourself, or you have a friend or family member who is struggling, you can use this directory to find support.

A network of community-based informal support services for vulnerable adults is also provided by the Community Independent Living Service (CILS).

If you are caring for someone with a mental health problem and need information, advice or support please contact the Carers Hub or Mind.

There is also a lot of information about mental health and dementia services and support available online from NHS Choices and Richmond Council.

In an emergency

In an emergency, if your GP surgery is closed, go to a hospital’s A&E desk and ask to see the psychiatrist on duty. 

You can also read the NHS guidance on dealing with a mental health crisis.