The Covid-19 vaccination drive in south west London has reached another major milestone with the local NHS revealing that more than three million jabs have now been delivered.
Latest figures show that nearly 761,000 Covid-19 booster jabs have been given together with almost 2.25 million first and second doses.
The landmark – covering the boroughs of Merton, Wandsworth, Kingston, Richmond, Croydon and Sutton – comes around 14 months after the launch of the biggest vaccination programme in the NHS’ history.
Dr Agnelo Fernandes, local GP and GP borough lead for Croydon at South West London Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “This latest milestone is an incredible achievement.
“My sincere thanks once again go to our brilliant NHS staff, wonderful volunteers and of course everyone who has risen to the challenge of getting jabbed and ensuring vital protection for themselves, their loved ones and their communities.
“If you’ve not come forward, for whatever reason, please remember it’s never too late to get vaccinated. First and second doses give higher protection against the serious complications of Covid-19 so please go to one of our many local clinics – they’re ready and waiting.”
Appointments can be made online using the National Booking Service. Find a walk-in clinic in south west London at Walk-in and pop up vaccination clinics – South West London CCG (swlondonccg.nhs.uk).
If you are unsure about getting vaccinated or worried about side effects, needles or just uncertain about which vaccine you will receive, you can get the answers to all your questions at local vaccination sites in south west London, with no pressure to get the jab. Nurses, pharmacists and other clinical staff are on hand to talk through any issues away from the main vaccinating area.
To speak to someone about the Covid-19 vaccine, you can:
- Book an appointment at shopping centres Centrale, Croydon or St Nicholas, Sutton via the following link: : Do you have questions about the vaccine? – South West London CCG (swlondonccg.nhs.uk) You will receive a response to confirm your booking within 24 hours. If you are booked in for an appointment to have a conversation at one of these vaccination centres, please make yourself known to a member of staff.
- Call on 0203 8800338. When you call, we will book you in for a telephone appointment at a time that suits you or book you in for a face to face appointment if preferred. Please note that charges may apply.
- Walk in to any of our clinics across south west London.
The following vaccinations can currently be booked:
- 1st and 2nd doses for people aged 12 years old and over
- boosters for people aged 16 years old and over
- 3rd doses and boosters (4th doses) for people with a severely weakened immune system aged 16 years old and over.