In the latest stage of the NHS vaccination programme, it has been confirmed that 16 and 17 year olds are now eligible to take up the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, protecting themselves, their family and friends.
As well as some local GPs beginning to contact those aged 16 and 17 years registered with their practices, we are pleased to confirm that we now have a number of sites across South West London, that are able to offer walk-ins to this group. We expect the National Booking System to open up to bookings for this age group in the near future.
In Croydon, walk-in sessions available this week are:
- Centrale shopping centre, open daily until Sunday 22nd August, 8.30am to 6.45pm Oxford AZ, 9.00am to 6.30pm– Pfizer Please share
- Selhurst Park open daily until Tuesday 17th August, 8.00am to 7pm Oxford AZ, 8.15am to 7.30pm – Pfizer Please share
- Aumex Pharmacy, New Addington, open Wednesday 18th, Friday 20th August 9am to 5pm– Moderna Please share
- Mayday Pharmacy,Open daily until Sunday 22nd August, 9.30am to 5.00pm– Oxford AZ, Pfizer Please share
- Mccoig’s Pharmacy, Open Thursday 19th 2.00pm-5.00pm, Friday 20th and Saturday 21st August 9.00am to 1.00pm/2.00pm to 5.00pm – Pfizer Please share
- St Aidan’s Church Hall, Open Tuesday 17th 2.00-5.00pm, Wednesday 18th 9.00am to 6.00pm, Thursday 19th August 9.00am to 6.00pm – Oxford AZ/Pfizer Please share
To date, we have delivered over 1.8million vaccines in South West London, meaning that 83% of the population have had their first vaccine.
For those who are still unsure, we continue to encourage them to come and have a chat at one of our vaccination centres to get the facts.
We would encourage anyone who still has questions about the Covid-19 vaccine to come and talk to our friendly teams so they can make the best decision for them.