The CCG participates in primary care rebate schemes (PCRS) offered by pharmaceutical companies or third party companies, which have been through our agreed approval process. These offer financial rebates to the CCG on prescribing expenditure for particular branded medicine(s).
The availability of a PCRS does not influence the inclusion of specific medicines in care pathways or formularies.
South West London CCG are currently signed up to the following primary care rebate schemes:
- Apidra (insulin glulisine)
- Clenil Modulite CFC-free inhaler (beclometasone dipropionate)
- Convatec dressings
- Fostair NEXThaler dry powder inhaler (beclometasone dipropionate/formoterol fumarate dihydrate)
- Fostair pressurised metered dose inhaler (beclometasone dipropionate/formoterol fumarate dihydrate)
- Freestyle Libre
- Glucophage SR (metformin hydrochloride)
- Sirdupla (salmeterol/fluticasone)