Every GP practice offers a range of different health services – these include asthma care, contraceptive planning and advice, minor surgery (such as mole removal) and management of long term conditions, such as diabetes.
NHS South West London CCG commissions acute hospital services, community health services and mental health services across Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth boroughs. In addition, we also help to plan and develop local primary care health services with involvement from NHS England. This gives local clinicians and communities more influence over how primary care services are developed.
This is part of the NHS vision to improve the quality of services for patients, provide greater value for money and address any local health inequalities (such as mortality rates) and will result in a more responsive health service.
Commissioning of primary care services in South West London is led by the Primary Care Commissioning Committee which meets in public.
- Susan Smith – Chair – Lay Member
- Lay member (Vice Chair)
- GP Lead for Primary Care
- CCG Executive Directors
- Independent (non-SWL) GP
- TBC – HealthWatch representative
- Londonwide LMC representative or Merton, Sutton, Wandsworth representative
- Surrey & Sussex LMC representative
- Place based representative (Croydon)
- Place based representative (Kingston)
- Place based representative (Merton)
- Place based representative (Richmond)
- Place based representative (Sutton)
- Place based representative (Wandsworth)
- SWL Primary Care Contracting Team
- Primary Care representatives from Borough level as appropriate
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee meets on 20 January 2021.
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee meets on 17 March 2021.
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee met on 18 November 2020.
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee meets virtually on 16 September 2020.
The Primary Care Commissioning Committee met on Thursday 2 July 2020.